Includes framework assessment, devising a comprehensive evaluation plan, strategy and methodology for service model, services management, analysis and assessment of enterprise services. Develop service management process, service performance audits, provide aggressive auditing, and reporting on the delivery of services by their Providers.
Why Is It Important
The Federal Information Technology Acquisition Reform Act (FITARA) and Office of Management and Budget (OMB) launched a Government-wide Category Management initiative to take new steps to improve the acquisition and management of common IT goods and services to drive the federal government to greater performance, efficiencies and savings to fully leverage the Government’s vast buying power. In order to improve IT commodity management practices need to align:
- Aligns CIO priorities to measurable outcomes.
- Establish Agency-wide policies and guidance.
- Create contract vehicles that align with agencies requirements, improve the quality of capabilities delivered, and result in cost savings.
- Improve collaboration across OCIO and Components.
- Reduce barriers to doing business with agencies.
- Promote meaningful dialogue with Industry Partners
Enable agencies to improve FITARA and align to OMB’s Category Management initiative on their terms
SSi Strategic Approach
- Leverage CDM hardware and software asset management inventories to inform IT decisions regarding IT licensing, divestment, and modernization initiatives.
- Perform asset management activities by managing CDM hardware and software asset inventories and ensuring accountability property is correctly reported.
- Employ a centralized software license management strategy.
- Analyze terms, conditions, pricing, performance, fees, and savings provided under the agency.
- Develop and implement a vendor management strategy.
- Ensure ELAs CLINs aligns with IT strategies and Target Architecture.
- Create & maintain a baseline inventory and centralization plan for software and hardware in use.
- Deploy a Software Asset Management to track usage, maintenance and transference of ELAs.
- Develop & manage a process to ensure all technology purchases are approved
- Document IT Cost Saving & Avoidance, Software, ELA Usage, visibility into License consumption